Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thank You Steve Jobs

There are so many positive things that can be said and will be said about Steve Jobs the former CEO and founder of Apple who unfortunately lost his battle with cancer. He truly defined the words innovator and visionary with his company Apple and because of him, the world will never be the same. All you need to do is take a short walk somewhere, or take look around your office, or even peer around your own house and you will find a product he has had a hand in creating. And if you don't use an Apple product, you surely use a product that has been influenced by Apple. Do you think the tablet market would be as robust as it without Ipads? What about smartphones? Certainly Iphones have raised the stakes in the cell phone industry. And Mac computers have always won the praises of its loyal users because of its intuitiveness, something that other brands of computers have tried but have yet to be able to match.

I personally have been a fan of the Apple Ipod. Being an avid music lover, Ipods make it so easy to organize, store and play your favorite tunes. I remember the first advertisement I ever saw for Ipod; I was ready to drop everything I was doing and go purchase it right then and there. Well, at least that was my feeling since I wasn't able to get one right away because of compatibility issues (with Ipod and my computer). Eventually, I did get one and have been a fan ever since. When you love music the way I do, it is cool to have something like an Ipod that is small enough to carry but the storage is big enough for you choose from a variety of artist and genres in a flash. Wherever my mood or memory takes me, my Ipod satisfies my musical desire in an instant. Just a few years ago I would of had to carry around 200 or more cassette tapes just to come close to that satisfaction.

It is indeed sad to see someone pass away at such a young age but for the short time that Jobs was here he made a global difference; not many of us will be able to have that said of us when we go. Though I did not know him I would be one of legions that would like to thank him for his innovations. Through his work, Jobs has made life a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment